Sometimes it’s nice to get to know the person behind the blog. Today I thought I would do the ever-popular ‘Beauty Blogger Tag’ and give you all a little insight into some of us Beauty Blogger’s secrets!
1. Is your hair naturally straight or curly?
Neither! My hair has sometimes been known to just do it’s own thing. I would say more wavy than poker straight but even then it can be described as a frizzy looking mess (not fun!).
2. What is your natural hair colour?
This may come as a surprise to some people but my natural hair colour is actually red (not that I’ve seen it in it’s natural state in about 15 years). Let’s just say I dye my hair a lot.
3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
As I already answered in the second question, I dye my hair A LOT! Blonde, pink, red, black you name it, I’ve been it! And no, I dye it myself. Hairdressers never agree to bleaching the crap out of your hair.
4. How often do you wash you hair?
On every third day! So day 1 I have freshly washed hair which is impossible to style and it drives me mad. Day 2 is my favourite day hair because it is easily manageable and always seems to look better. Then come Day 3 I would wash it again.
5. Do you wear it in the same style every day?
Not really. I have about 4 different hairstyles that I change up depending on my mood (but mostly depending on the weather)!
6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I always do my own. I love doing nails so for me, going to the salon takes the fun out of it!
7. How often do you change up your nail polish?
Maybe twice to three times a week depending on how busy I am.
8. How long does it take you to put on your make-up?
Getting ready in the mornings before work it would usually only take me 10-15 minutes. For a night-out look I could spend anything from 20 minutes to an hour. (Those damn eyelashes take me forever to apply)!
9.What do you do first, face or eyes?
Always my face! I would find it weird doing it any other way.
10. Do you collect make-up or just buy what you need when you need it?
I think I speak for every Beauty Blogger here when I say I am a massive make-up hoarder. My make-up drawer is crying for a clean out!
11. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Not very often – only when I’m getting ready for a night out.
12. Do you do a full face of make-up every day?
I’m going to say yes to this one. I feel I just look odd without my liquid eyeliner and eyeshadow on.
13. Will you leave the house without make-up on?
Never have I ever! I feel too self-conscious about myself without it! Yes call me a Diva if you will but I hate how pale my face is without it unfortunately.
14. How many high end products do you have?
I would say it’s 50/50. I LOVE high end make-up, there’s just something about a high end make-up product that makes you smile. I do also own tonnes of cheap drugstore brands too which I love.
15. How often do you wash your make-up brushes?
I’m not going to lie – I am extremely lazy when it comes to washing make-up brushes! Maybe once a month!
16. How often do you change your handbag?
I have two handbags I alternate depending on how much stuff I need to carry. I always use a small clutch bag on a night out though.
17. What time do you get up at and go to sleep?
Weekdays – I’m up at 8. Weekends – I could lie in bed till the next coming Monday! (Not really, maybe about midday)
18. How often do you workout?
I don’t! Does that sound terrible? I walk everywhere though and I do a lot of it so maybe that counts as a workout!?
19. Left handed or right handed?
I am right handed.
20. How tall are you?
Last time I checked I was about 5 foot 4 and a half! (Need to get that half in there, it’s very important!).
21. Do you speak a foreign language?
Apart from learning the obvious Irish and French in school – which by the way I can’t remember a word of, no I don’t.
22. How many pets do you have?
None. Does make-up count as a pet?
23. How often do you blog?
Lately, I haven’t been very frequent. I like to think I try my best though.
24. Do you read the comments posted on blogs?
I read them all of course. Except for Spam. How the hell can you stop those god damn things!?
25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you read about them on other blogs?
My notes app on my iPhone is overflowing with products I NEED to buy!!
26. How did you come up with your blog name?
I think everyone knows what ‘The Powder Room’ really stands for. It wasn’t my best idea to name my blog after the bathroom! It sounded Beauty related at the time!
27. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
I use a Canon 600D for all my photographs except close-ups. For them, I normally just use my iPhone camera because I don’t own a Zoom Lens for the DSLR.
28. What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine?
I love Glamour, Look and our very own Irish U-Mag!
29. Favourite Make-up brand?
Hard to choose! High end, I would say Mac and Drugstore would have to be Rimmel.
30. Why did you start blogging?
My two favourite hobbies are writing and make-up. Why not combine the two? I read tonnes of beauty blogs for years until I finally decided to start writing my own about 2 years ago! I love every minute of it.